IT’S PROM SEASON!!!!!
I may be a little older now (don’t worry about how old, I’m still under 40!) But I do know a few things here and there. I decided to help you out and hook you up with some solid advice. Here are 5 tips that may be useful for you (or someone you know) this prom season.
- Do not try anything out of the ordinary. Don’t try any skin care products that you have never tried before on your prom night. You don’t want random allergic reactions to pop up the night or week before prom. These are THE WORST to treat, and it sometimes takes longer than a few days to clear up. The idea is to look amazing and comfortable. Trust the products that you have been using.
- Go matte with your lipstick. When talking with your Makeup Artist, tell her you want a matte lipstick. Matte lipsticks are long wearing and they prevent that awful transfer of lipstick on your teeth. YUCK! You’ll be smiling and taking tons of photos, so we want you to look flawless all night long. So GO MATTE!
- Carry with you a pair of slip-on flats or flip flops with you. There is no need in being uncomfortable on prom night. But we all know going barefoot is a NO GO! Go to prom prepared. You can find really cute Flats to go by Dr. Scholl’s that fold up enough to fit into a clutch. These can be found here for only $9. Your feet will thank me later (plus, they are super cute).
- Carry along a clutch to the prom. Don’t worry about having to carry the clutch around all night long. It will pretty much sit on your table throughout the night. Use your clutch to carry lipstick, keys, money, and gum (gotta have fresh breath), and a mirror (to check your flawless-ness throughout the night).
- Last but not Least, DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE! Let’s be real, who isn’t curious about things we shouldn’t do. But I’m here to tell you, drinking is not all that it is cracked up to be. It doesn’t make you feel good and you end up looking pretty stupid and feeling pretty lousy by the end of the night. Stay sober! You’ll have the most fun, and you’ll enjoy your night with no regrets. Staying sober will also keep you safe and attentive. You can still “TURN UP” while sober. (I do it all the time…..and don’t sleep on me…I’m pretty cool.)